If you’ve decided to sell your house, you probably have one main goal: get the highest price for your home. To do that, you’ll want to contact Delan Realtors® as soon as possible.
Email Delan Realtors
Photo by previous listing agent Photo by Ron & Nasrin Delan
We help prepare your home to look inviting, comfortable, and help to elicit emotion from potential buyers. We often stage a home to help the buyer imagine him/herself living there. Here are ten steps we use to prepare our listings for sale.
- Clean floors, windows, mirrors, walls, doors, and fixtures. The last thing a potential buyer wants to see is grime. A mixture of bleach and water helps clean out showers and sinks. If your carpet is stained, consider having a carpet-cleaning service.
- Consider giving your interiors a fresh coat of paint. Go for neutral colors that can help buyers to visualize themselves in your home. Spruce up any moldings and doors with a fresh coat of paint if needed.
- Pay attention to your hardware. If it looks worn, consider replacing.
- Declutter. Go through each room of your home to remove anything that does not need to be there. Take items off your kitchen and bathroom counters and remove unnecessary knickknacks from around your home. Clearing away the cutter will allow your home to feel lighter and more spacious.
- Hide or throw out any items that might be construed as controversial, such as political posters, exotic artwork, or weaponry.
- Evaluate eyesores within your home. For example, if your kitchen cabinets are outdated, try staining or painting them instead of replacing.
- Create inviting spaces throughout your home. For example, we may set the dining room table with chargers and glassware. Same goes for your outdoor spaces. If you have a patio with a seating area, set out a few wine glasses to show off how a potential buyer could relax and entertain in these spaces.
- Use gender-neutral decorative accents. You want your home to be appealing to both sexes, so aim to use general neutral pieces (for example, remove the ruffled pink pillows).
- Power-wash your home and clean exterior windows. Clear away debris in your yard and clean-up landscaping. If your yard isn’t looking so great, use mulch to make things neat and tidy.
- Lastly, hire Delan Realtors and their professional photography team to make your home shine!
Email Delan Realtors